Following UNESCO recommendations, authorities have declared that starting 20 July 2011 the maximum daily capacity of visitors to Machu Picchu will be 2500. Due to the MP´s anniversary celebrations and local festivities in Peru, these past days the max. capacity was reached and some travelers were not able to visit the Citadel.
Please note the following :
- We buy the tickets in advance, but we consider that travelers which overnight in Machu Picchu/Aguas Calientes and expect to buy locally the entrance ticket for their 2nd day visit could experience problems. There will be days were no tickets will be available.
- To avoid this we suggest :
- Send us the travelers details mentioned below in advance. The earlier the better.
- Request the entrance tickets for the 2nd day visit as part of the program
- Regarding the entrance tickets it´s important to know:
- To be able to buy the tickets we need : Full Name + Nationality + Age + Gender (Male/Female)
- The reservations stay valid for 6 hours. If not bought the system releases them automatically.
- Once issued/bought, the tickets can be modified (date and names) but paying a penalty of up to 30%